[mythtv] Remote Controls / Stability

mythtv-dev@snowman.net mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 04 Oct 2002 09:51:49 -0700

Hi all, I have a couple questions.
What kind of remote controls are you guys using?
What software?

Also what kind of performance are you guys getting with your setups, please
note your cpu/memory size/video/tv card/resolution/codec.  I recently (last
night) put together an XP1800,
256 MB Ram, geforce 2 video card, hauppauge wintv, 640x480, rtmjpeg.
The problem is that I am still getting stutters sometimes while watching TV.
Playback is fine.

One last note, how stable has mythtv been for you?  I seem to have crashes a
little too often, not sure why.  It does behave the same way on two different
machines, two different distributions.

Calvin...

P.s.
Hopefully I'll ge to the freetype 2 code this weekend.  :-)