[mythtv] good ir receiver for mythtv

Jeremy Oddo mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 10:03:31 -0800 (PST)

> On 29 Nov 2002 at 22:37, Alex Krohn wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have any recommendations for a good ir serial receiver
>> (don't need transmiter) that will work with a universal remote?
>
> The Packard Bell remote does IIRC.  I have one I bought on ebay on it's
> way  here now. Ironically I bought (and sold at a loss) one about 6 or 7
> years ago  before I'd gotten into linux or heard of Lirc.
>
> http://tekgems.com/Products/WinampRemote.htm?fp

The WinampRemote looks like it could be cool, but I have a two questions
(hoping someone has some answers!):

1.  What's the signal distance.  Is it greater than 10 feet?
2.  Can LIRC talk to two serial ports (ie: can I have the WinampRemote on
one serial port for receiving, and the ACTiSYS on another port for
transmitting)?

I STILL don't have a answer on a good receiver/transmitter combo that will
work for distances over 10 feet.