[mythtv] Tekram IR-mate 210

Henk Poley mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 12:34:00 +0100

> Van: Carlos Talbot <carlos@talbot.net>
>
> I just did a test with the Actysis 200 acting as an IR receiver. Using
> lirc's irw command I can receive codes from my a/v remotes - but the
> distance is limited to less than 4 feet! Even using my Philips pronto
> which has a strong IR signal I could not receive any codes once I passed
> the 4 foot limit. This might limit your options for using this device to
> receive a/v codes from a couch 8-10 feet away.

4 x ~30cm => 1.20m, not really handy indeed...

As some sort of stickytape-solution you might try putting a reflecting
parabolic conus before it. Possible one from a lightbulb or
bike-frontlight. No, it won't look nice. Though there might be ones that
reflect only IR, so they'll look black.

YMMV...

	Henk Poley <><