[mythtv] Tekram IR-mate 210

David Klotz mythtv-dev@snowman.net
27 Nov 2002 21:07:57 +0100

On Mit, 2002-11-27 at 20:47, Jeremy Oddo wrote:
> Hmmm...I think it does.  I believe many people are using a homebrew IR
> transmitter on one serial port and a homebrew IR receiver on the other
> port.

i have only built the homebrew receiver (works fine, is really cheap in
parts and the soldering involved isn't really that complicated, the
whole device fits inside an old serial plug...) and not the transmitter
but i think it is possible (and intended to be that way) to connect the
receiver and the transmitter to the same serial port, by soldering both
to the same serial plug. if i understand the diagrams on
http://www.lirc.org/receivers.html and
http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/3680/2001/1/0/5037984 (transmitter)
right, they use different pins of the serial port (well, except from
GND, but that shouldn't be a problem).
can anyone confirm this?

> Can anyone confirm a happy marriage between two ACTiSYS IR devices
> (http://shop.store.yahoo.com/snapstreammedia/irblasbun.html) on one
> system?

i don't have an actisys device and i haven't followed your conversation
really close, but i don't understand why you think that you need two of
these devices, isn't it possible to send and receive at the same time
with just one of them? or have i completely misunderstood what you
problem is all about?

cya,
david