[mythtv] DVD Functionality (was: Clarification)

Matt Zimmerman mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 14:34:16 -0500

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 10:25:56AM -0800, Jeremy Oddo wrote:

(hmm, squirrelmail doesn't add attributions to quoted text...bug filed)

> > On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 09:27:27PM -0800, Jeremy Oddo wrote:
> >
> >> Damn!  I was hoping that DVD functionality was gonna get in there! :(
> >> I was hoping to get rid of my old DVD player...and being able to "live
> >> record" DVDs would be great ;)
> >
> > What would be the benefit in "live recording" a DVD?  It's already
> > recorded.
> >
> I'm a big fan of moving digital data around ;)  But you could capture the
> DVD at a lower quality (akin to how people rip CD audio to MP3) and even
> burn SVCD/VCDs.  Or you could capture a funny part of a movie and send it
> to someone.

Sure, but there's no "live" component to this kind of activity.  You can do
these things with a DVD at your leisure.

--
 - mdz