[mythtv] Badly encoded rtjpeg stream

Robert Dege mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 13:21:09 -0500 (EST)

> mythtv has a configure script; it just doesn't do very much.

The configure script is primarily for libavcodec, not MythTV.  In fact,
it's the ffmpeg configure script.

I'm thinking something more dedicated to MythTV.

> > Plus, wouldn't using a latest version of gcc/g++ offer better optimized
> > code?  Theoretically?
>
> In some situations, maybe, theoretically.  Will it give you the latest bugs?
> Absolutely, certainly.  Then, they will post to this mailing list asking for
> others to diagnose their problem. :-/

True, but current releases aren't exactly bug free either.  But if you are
trying to compile binaries optimized for newer chips, then one would be
encouraged to use newer releases (gcc 3.2 vs 2.95).

Dege

.... If They Weren't Happening To Me