[mythtv] Question about hardware MJPEG

Chris Pinkham mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 22:17:38 -0500 (EST)

> Any info about your setups would be great.  It would also be neat if we
> could potentially go out and find a hardware MPEG2 or MPEG4
> compression/decompression board that we could muck around with.  I *am* a
> device driver programmer by trade... ;)
>
> Cheers,
> Chris

Chris, if you program device drivers, you should check out the
WinTV PVR 250 board.  There are guys trying to get a working *nix driver for
it.  It supports hardware mpeg2 compression and has the tuner built-in.
That would be great for mythtv.  You can find them around $100 after a
$50 mail-in rebate that certain stores have right now.  I picked one up
at Circuit City a couple weeks ago for $150 then I have the $50 rebate
coming back.  I believe some national chain had them for the same price
this week and had the rebate offer as well.  There is a 350 version
that is coming out sometime that supports hardware mpeg2 decoding as well.

For more info and discussions, goto the Linux forum on pvr.opcenter.de.
They seem to have made some headway in the past week or so.

Chris

** Chris Pinkham                  Linux v2.2.18, Sane v1.0.4, Cajun v3.0-8 **
** cpinkham@bc2va.org                          http://www.bc2va.org/chris/ **