[mythtv] mythgame and the db...

Chris Liscio mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 14:47:06 -0500

Hi guys,

I don't know how many other people on the list use mythgame, but I noticed
an oddity when I first tried it.  It only updates the db at most once, until
you manually go into mysql and blow away the db contents.

I hacked together a quick fix for this with a mythgamefilldatabase app that
blows the db away and repopulates it.  I suppose this would make more sense
since someone can just update the db when they know they've added some stuff
to their game directory.  I know I am continually adding things to my game
directory as I acquire new memories of my misspent youth in the 80's... ;)

Similarly to mythfilldatabase, this can possibly be tossed in a cron job.
However, when someone adds something new to the directory, they'd probably
want to get the list updated right away.  In the end, I don't think a cron
job would make much sense.

So to get to the point, I'd like to know if anyone else would agree that
creating mythgamefilldatabase would be desired behavior for mythgame.
Issac, what do *you* think about this?

Cheers,
Chris