[mythtv] VIA EPIA 800 - Sound Question

Andrew De Ponte mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 13:04:07 -0800

I am betting that you are going to have problems with MythTV working
on this mother not because of the sound but because of the CPU speed.
It uses a C3 800Mhz built in chip. This means not upgradable and it
is aprox equiv to a 750mhz pentium. This is limiting because you have
to doing the encoding and decoding in software. If mythtv had the capablities
to dump either the encoding or decoding to hardware it might work.