[mythtv] G200 issues

Robert Dege mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 15:36:15 -0500 (EST)

2 Questions:

1)  I'm still having problems getting mythtv to work (display
video/ hear audio).  When I launch the binary, I get these errors:

Delaying to next trigger: 242314
Delaying to next trigger: 236487
Delaying to next trigger: 300940

After a while, it then starts outputting this:

Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!
Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!
Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!
Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!

2) I'm now using an SB Live! card (onboard CMedia wasn't cutting it).  I
didn't bother installing Alsa since the kernel assigned modules to get it
working (I'm presuming OSS).

Are others able to successfully use SB Live with OSS, or should I
implement ALSA to try and fix these problems?

My next step is to try & use the CVS code (with the hardware-mjpeg), but
I'd like to understand why I'm at a stand-still first.

-Rob