[mythtv] I finally have a DirecTV working...but I still have a few questions.

Roberto C. Serrano mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 05:39:20 +0000

I research most of them in the archive but I don't seam to find answers.

First of all:  Thanks to the Myth developersm this is a wonderful piece of
software, one of those that make Linux worth it.

Second: Thanks to Tarek for all your help with the DirecTv stuff.

Third...the questions:

-MythTVs full screen does not take the bars away. Is there a setting that I
might be missing? I'm running GNome but I tried KDE and sliding the bars I
discover that the video is full screen but is running under the bars.

-I cannot get the "m" to work over channel 255. So if I try to go above 255
using the grid it does not work. Any thougts?

-I have broadcast channels, my first 15 (I use the tv tunner for this)and
then my DTV channels (Composite 1) When I go from one group to the other it
does not work directly, I have to change the source (using c) and then I can
move one. Would not be possible in future versions for Myth to pick the
appropriate source base on the channel?
-And my last comment/suggestion/question: in the same way that now we have
the external channel in the settings, from where it is possible to call a
script to change channels of an external receiver, is it possible to define
script calls base on other "events"? Like for example when changing source,
etc. I would like to turn my direct tv box on and off, because my tunner
reception us much better when it is off.

Again: Thanks! You are the bests!