[mythtv] audio problem when watching a second recording

archivis mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 23:35:08 -0400

I've had mythtv running a couple days and I'm running into a problem -
sometimes when start it up to watch something it will start dumping
stuff as follows, video slows to a crawl, and I get no sound:

Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!
Delaying to next trigger: 1529034628
Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!
Delaying to next trigger: 1193341814
Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!
Delaying to next trigger: 857661382
Delaying to next trigger: 1300146605
Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!
Delaying to next trigger: 1742635486
Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!
Audio buffer overflow, audio data lost!

The problem seems to persist once it happens - once I cured it with a
reboot, and once after reconfiguring my sound card (sb live, emu10k
kernel module thingy) it went away.

The occurance of this is slightly flaky, but it looks like it's
triggered reproducibly when I watch a recording (finished or
in-progress) after watching a first recording....I watched an
in-progress recording of a tv show, then when I tried to move to
watching the show after it (by now THAT was the show in progress) by
exiting the tv client to the mythtv menu, selecting watch tv again, and
selecting to watch in-progress, it started with the no-sound thing.

Now xawtv won't even give me audio, though xmms has no problem at all.
 I'm going to try reconfiguring my sound card again and see if that
makes it go away...

So what's up?