[mythtv] Matrox G400 + Rainbow Runner

Ray mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 14:49:33 -0700

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 04:12:49PM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:

> Hardware mjpeg compression is mostly working.  There isn't any way to set the
> capture resolution or quality yet, it's limited to 720x480 or whatever
> full-frame is, and the quality is hardcoded to 60.  It's also hardcoded to
> the tuner/input that works on this g200tv, and I'm not sure how well that'll
> translate to other people's machines.  All you need to do to use the current
> stuff is set the codec to 'hardware-mjpeg' and resolution to 720x480 in the
> settings file, and stuff _should_ just work.

Wow!  Thanks Isaac.

> The biggest problem with this is that I can't seem to do hardware
> decompression at the same time I'm doing hardware compression, and
> libavcodec's mjpeg decoder takes > 100% cpu on the p3-550 that I stuck the
> g200tv in to decode that size/quality of video.

This may not be related but I believe that at least some mjpeg decoder
tools have trouble decoding the mjpegs created by the mjpeg tools (if that's
what you used as the basis for your work).  I'll dig around a little tonight
and see what I can see (although that's like a 5 year old offering to help a
rocket scientist with that darn speed of light issue:))

--
Ray