[mythtv] Matrox G400 + Rainbow Runner

Russell Hatch mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 13:22:42 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C29161.12866CD0

I am working on setting up a box to run MythTV full time and I currently =
am planning on using a G400 and the addon Rainbow Runner card.  I have =
tried checking the supported drivers for Video4Linux and it did mention =
that the G400+RR did have support, but on the sourceforge page it said =
very limited support, but for all i know that could be out of date =
(which is likely).  I also tried searching the V4L mailing list for =
information but couldn't find anything terribly relevant.

I would just like to know what state the drivers are in.  Has anyone on =
here successfully setup a Myth box using this combination?  I just wanna =
know if maybe i should scrap it before I start.  If it turns out that =
there is very minimal support, perhaps so minimal thaI can't even =
enjoyable use MythTV, what card offers the most support and would work =
best for this application; I am guessing the Hauppauge?  Anyways, please =
give me some ideas on what I can expect with this card combination, =
thanks.

Russell Hatch
------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C29161.12866CD0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am working on setting up a box to run =
MythTV full=20
time and&nbsp;I currently am planning on using a G400 and the addon =
Rainbow=20
Runner card.&nbsp; I have tried checking the supported drivers for =
Video4Linux=20
and it did mention that the G400+RR did have support, but on the =
sourceforge=20
page it said very limited support, but for all i know that could be out =
of date=20
(which is likely).&nbsp; I also tried searching the V4L mailing list for =

information but couldn't find anything terribly relevant.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I would just like to know what state =
the drivers=20
are in.&nbsp; Has anyone on here successfully setup a Myth box using =
this=20
combination?&nbsp; I just wanna know if maybe i should scrap it before I =

start.&nbsp; If it turns out that there is very minimal support, perhaps =
so=20
minimal thaI can't even enjoyable use MythTV, what card offers the most =
support=20
and would work best for this application; I am guessing the =
Hauppauge?&nbsp;=20
Anyways, please give me some ideas on what I can expect with this card=20
combination, thanks.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Russell =
Hatch</FONT></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C29161.12866CD0--