[mythtv] Re: [mythtv]Was: New user / now: hardware mjpeg question

Stefan Wallner mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 11:38:23 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Isaac Richards wrote:

> TiVos do all their encoding and decoding in hardware -- this stuff is
> all software, unless you use the (still in-progress) hardware mjpeg
> encoding support that's in CVS.

I've found a few references to hardware mjpeg in the mailing list archive
& the CVS sources, but I am not quite sure yet how stable / unstable this
is? What cards would be suppported? How to use & enable it, did I miss
some documentation?

Using my Iomega Buz card I would hope I could reuse my old P3-733 instead
of spending lots of money on new hardware.

Thank you in advance,
Stefan