[mythtv] Still having odd video resolution problem

Jeremy Oddo mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 09:01:41 -0800 (PST)

I didn't get any answers to my first post, and I've been looking around
for an answer with no luck, so I think I'd try again....

Does anyone know what video capture mode MythTV uses?  Here's why I ask:
I see picture fine at 320x240 res, but if I bump it up to say 640x480 I
get this weird shifted over picture.  I don't know if this is _really_
what's it's doing, but it looks like it's taking the vertical size (320)
and centering it in the new resolution size (640), so I'm getting
((640-320)/2) on each side of the picture.  I noticed that if I go into
xawtv and enlarge the window the picture looks fine, but if I switch the
capture mode from "overlay" to "grabdisplay" it does the same thing.

Anyone know what's going on here and/or how I can fix it?