[mythtv] AWESOME -- Can't wait for Christmas!!

Brian Wente mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 10:02:38 -0500

Hi All,

I just stumble across this project, it's just what I've been looking for. I
am not a programmer, I am a graphic designer, but I like to hack stuff like
this. Last year it was Audreys, this year it's PVR's.

So, I am shopping for parts. I am going to get a Shuttle Barebones kit.

What would be the best processor? Athlon or Pentium?
Video Card? HAUPPAUGE WINTV-GO PCI TV TUNER & DIGITAL DIGITIZER - MODEL 190

I found a whole bunch of goodies too. I hope they are supported.

irman - http://www.evation.com/software/linux.html
(are there any "official" remotes?)

LCD - software - http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=matrix+orbital
LCD - hardware - http://www.matrixorbital.com/products.htm
(for authentic consumer electronics, flashing 12:00)

Four Slot Memory Card Reader - http://shop.menlomart.com/omideun741re.html
(perfect for MythGallery)

Thanks again for everyone's hard work. I hope I can help somehow, maybe
interface themes?

-- Brian