[mythtv] MythTV works under SuSE 8.1

swan-1 mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 23:18:08 -0800 (PST)

After a week of fighting with it, reinstalling about 8
times (and cleaning up all the bits that fell on the
floor) I have vanquished the evil 'we're not going to
make it easy for you' install issues.  I seem to still
have an XV support issue with my card, but recording
and 'preview' playback work.  There is also an issue
with the mouse going away when it's in the mythfrontend
window, but keyboard navigation works.

While doing waging the battle, I kept notes, and will
be making the step by step thing look nice and will
post it for others.  If someone wants it before then
just drop me a note.

Greg