[mythtv] Machine hangs on channel-switching with MythTV

Erik Arendse mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 23:53:02 +0100

 > Get a dedicated sound card and your problems will go away.
No they don't...

Read the ww.mythtv.org, rc5 ihas a bug, fix is on this mailing list.
Solved a lot of peoples hanging when channelswitching, including mine (and
I use on board sound with alsa snd-via82xx, release rc5 with that patch now)

And the quality is more than sufficient for TV sound, unless you have a
quality feed and an audio backend to match. I never heard any consumer TV
do better. And yes, DTS from DVD over my Pioneer 5.1 unit to my normal HiFi
does, but unfortunately the only thing the TV channeldistributors here in
The Netherlands do is send noisy 2-channel fm (and some channels even mono...)

Erik