[mythtv] Beginner Questions

Lonnie Borntreger mythtv-dev@snowman.net
20 Nov 2002 00:18:53 -0600

On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 22:19, Randy Page wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 November 2002 09:05 pm, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:
> > Issues:
> > - When I run mythtvfrontend it doesn't have a window
> > border, and my mouse disappears when it should be over it.
>
> As it should.  That's normal behaviour.  Myth is designed to be run
> using lirc or the keyboard as an input device, on a stand-alone box.

Thanks for the answer.  Problem is, I'm not like other people and watch
TV while working on the computer, not while just sitting idly by.  Even
with that, the ability to record and do live pausing would be a
wonderful thing (I do have to leave the computer occasionally - my wife
insists on it :), thus I'm playing with MythTV.  But I understand the
logic of the design decision.

Thanks,
Lonnie