[mythtv] QMYSQL3 load errors...another fix

Lonnie Borntreger mythtv-dev@snowman.net
19 Nov 2002 13:03:30 -0600

On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 10:51, Michael Klatsky wrote:
> I just installed mythtv, and I was one of the "lucky" ones who couldn't get it
> running due to the inability to load the mysql drivers.

I'm there with you...

> I am using Mandrake 9.0, and have all the prerequisites installed (mysql-dev,
> qt-dev, etc). I had everything correct as far as ld.so.conf is concerned.

Mandrake Cooker for me.

> But still- no luck. SI- I ran strace and found that the path that mythfrontend
> was using was different than that which was actually there for the qtmysql
> plugins/drivers. mythtv was looking at /usr/lib/qt3/sqldrivers- which did not
> exist. However, /usr/lib/qt3/plugins/sqldrivers DID exist. The quick fix was
> to create a symlink from one to the other.

Did not work for me.  My strace showed an attempt to access
/usr/lib/kde3/plugins/sqldrivers.  So I made that as my link.

Thanks,
Lonnie Borntreger