[mythtv] WinTV and Cable/Digital Cable

Jeremy Oddo mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 09:19:41 -0800 (PST)

For all you WinTV users out there...did you need to do anything special to
get the cable input to work?  I'm just getting a lot of colorful snow.  I
thought that it was perhaps my digital cable, but I'm thinking that isn't
the case.

If I plug something into the WinTV S-VHS input, I can see picture.
If I plug cable into the the WInTV coax input, I get snow.
If I plug a VHS into WinTV S-VHS input, I get picture
If I plug cable into VHS then to WinTV S-VHS input, I get picture
If I plug cable into VHS then to WinTV coax input, I get snow.

Is there something I missed with the WinTV card setup?  The S-VHS input
works fine but the coax cable input gives me snow.  Of course, if the
cable routes thru the VHS then to WinTV via S-VHS I can't change channels.

I was thinking that it was the fact that I have digital cable, but I can
see the first 61 channels of cable thru the VHS so I _SHOULD_ be able to
get those channels, right?