[mythtv] Machine hangs on channel-switching with MythTV

Christian Morant mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 08:08:18 +0000

On Monday 18 November 2002 22:42, Gregorio Gervasio Jr. wrote:

> j> xawtv also worked for me and I was able to watch live tv with Myth on
> the j> initial channel (Actually every now and again I could change
> channels one j> time.  But this was very random).  I successfully recorded
> and then played j> back a program.  However while recording a second time I
> switched to j> another window and started working on something else which
> caused the j> hang.  This may mean that the problem is not in the video,
> sound or j> network drivers.   That leaves BTTV and hard drive.
>
>         For what it's worth, I started a couple of days ago and am
> seeing exactly the same symptoms.  I finally found out that even
> NuppelVideo "nuvrec" by itself (which just records) would also hang
> the machine so it does suggest a bttv problem.  I tried both
> bttv-0.7.100 and bttv-0.9.1 (developmental) drivers and still see the
> hangs.

I only tried bttv 7.100
Abnd could pinpoint where it froze my machine :

NuppelVideoRecorder.cpp line 1163
        if (audio_buffer_size != (lastread = read(afd, buffer,
audio_buffer_size)))

I tired to copy the digitize code in a test app and it worked perfectly...

Also everything worked fine in myth 0.6...

Hope this helps

Christian