[mythtv] dual tv cards - modules.conf

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 01:04:41 -0500

On Saturday 16 November 2002 10:28 pm, Emil Friis wrote:
> Isaac, could you please explain briefly how you have your
> sound working (btaudio etc.). I appreciate the help so far.

Ok, here's how I have everything setup:

The internal NVidia NForce audio on my motherboard gets setup as /dev/dsp.

The Hauppauge WinTV-Radio gets IDed as /dev/video0.  It uses the btaudio
driver, which sets up /dev/dsp1 and /dev/dsp2 as the digital and analog
outputs of it.  Only the digital output seems to work, at 32kHz, stereo,
16bit.

The ATI TV Wonder VE gets IDed as /dev/video1.  It cannot use the btaudio
driver, so I have it hooked into the line-in on the motherboard header.  The
btaudio driver still does detect the card and create /dev/dsp3 and /dev/dsp4
for it to use, but no sound comes out of them.

So:

  card 1:  /dev/video0, /dev/dsp1 locked to 32kHz.
  card 2:  /dev/video1, /dev/dsp at any sampling rate I want, normally 32kHz.

I'm using ALSA 0.9 for the drivers for the nforce soundcard, but using the
oss-emulation, of course.  The two tuner cards are otherwise similar enough
that they use the same bttv settings, etc.

Isaac