[mythtv] dual tv cards - modules.conf

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 16 Nov 2002 16:00:06 -0500

On Saturday 16 November 2002 03:47 pm, Emil Friis wrote:
> I don't think there is any way to modprobe bttv
> multiple times. The first time it comes across a bttv
> in modules.conf I think it will detect both cards. If
> they both get autodetected properly that shouldn't be a
> problem. Otherwise you might have to make some changes
> in bttv-cards.c for the cardnumber your tuner gets
> detected as.
>
> I have gotten both my cards to work with xawtv even
> though the Pinnacle cards reception seems a lot worse
> than the AverMedia. I haven't been able to get btaudio
> to work for either card yet (don't know if they support
> it) so I enabled my onboard sound and have two
> soundcards set up, and it seems like everything is
> working except for when I try to use both cards in Myth.
>
> When running mythfrontend I get the following:
>
> Probed: /dev/video0 - Television
> Probed: /dev/video0 - Composite1
> Probed: /dev/video0 - S-Video
> Probed: /dev/video1 - Television
> Probed: /dev/video1 - Composite1
> Probed: /dev/video1 - S-Video
> Probed: /dev/video1 - Television
> Probed: /dev/video1 - Composite1
> Probed: /dev/video1 - S-Video

This is right -- the second card gets probed twice, once as the PiP card for
the first one, and once as its own device.

> This doesn't seem right, or is it? And then when I try
> to use the Picture in Picture I end up not being able
> to issue any keyboard commands to Myth. Are they being
> directed to the PiP that I for some reason can't see?

Make sure you have the PIP* settings in the settings.txt set right.  Does the
PiP display show up, or anything else happen?  It automatically sets the
video recording size for the PiP display to 160x128, so that may be causing
problems if your card can't do that..

Isaac