[mythtv] resolution (for me) - mythtv hangs - Soundblaster Live VE

Brent Hills mythtv-dev@snowman.net
15 Nov 2002 03:00:22 -0800

I posted earlier with my system hanging after switching to a new Red Hat
8.0 based system while running Mythtv.

After stepping through the code and watching my system hang consistently
after the read in the doAudioThread. I had a long look at alsa.  (Yes, I
tried OSS and Alsa drivers.)

My problem was resolved within ALSA CVS.

If you are having similar problems take the advise of those on the list
and focus on your audio related cards and drivers.

I use a Soundblaster Live VE card.

My problems were 100% repeatable with both OSS drivers in the Red Hat
release and the currently packaged Alsa release.  They are now resolved
after building the sound drivers from Alsa CVS.

Cheers,
Brent Hills