[mythtv] Resend: DirecTV PPV --> XML Script

tarek Lubani mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 03:21:44 -0500

Hey guys!!

The Plan:
To somehow get DirecTV's PPVs into Myth's database by downloading info and
turning it into XML to be passed to mythfilldatabase

The Tools:
Thank you Rob K. for pointing us towards a page that tries to do DTV PPV
updates for the tivo. This page is:
http://www.geocities.com/paglierani/showlist.jpg

The solution:
A little script written in Perl to get the stuff from the above page and
turn it into XML.. This *is* basic and currently doesn't include
categorizations (comedy/drama/etc) or such, which can no doubt be added in
time.. The Perl Script can be found at:

http://tarek.2y.net/mythtv/ppv.pl

What's left:
I stopped at this point because I didn't wish to duplicate the work that
has already been done by Isaac.. Basically, I was wondering how myth gets
the xml into the database? is it possible, Isaac, for myth to sport an
option where you can pass it an argument (i.e., some random XML file like
the one created by this .pl) which in turn is put into the database?

Thank you

tarek : )