[mythtv] MythEPG Suggestion

Shawn Pearce mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 11:02:58 -0500

Isaac Richards <ijr@po.cwru.edu> wrote:
> Heh -- I rather like the current "pack as much information in as possible
> while still being visible from far away" grid, though..  The cable box's
> guide that helped prompt development of all this only shows 7 or 8 channels
> for a single half hour time period -- useless, really.  Stuff like a preview
> video playing of the channel's really only good if you're browsing what's
> currently on, anyway.

I definately agree with you Isaac.  Showing video on that
screen is a waste of space.  ReplayTV uses the top 1/3 to show
the currently highlighted show's description, making it very easy
to browse around and determine what to watch, record, etc.  Same
is true on the recorded shows panel.  Definately very cool feature
that I fell in love with right away...

But video like my digital cable box's 1/4 screen on the top right?
Useless.

--
Shawn.