[mythtv] Feature Request: Search function for programs

Shawn Pearce mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 12:27:25 -0500

Right, ReplayTV does the same thing, only top/bottom.  If its
layed out as a

abc def ghi
jlk mno pqr
stu vwx yz

clr sp  del

It could be mapped to numeric keys and such on a remote, much
the way a cell phone lets a user edit the directory/phonebook.
To enter "Tivo" its 77 333 8 555

or use arrow keys/select key.

My cell phone does word completion frequently, so i could enter:
7385

and then use "next" to pick the word out of a list.  If the
list of words to complete on came from the tvtime feed in the
MySQL database, you'd just look for all words that matched the
code 7385 and let the user scroll using a "next" key.  Map 0
to mean a space, and do the searches on space breaks between
words.

Could be very fast to key in a program to search for using a
simple remote.

--
Shawn.