[mythtv] playback quality

tarek Lubani mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 19:19:45 -0500 (EST)

Hey!!

I had an almost identical setup to this.. the thing I think you're doing
incorrectly is using the rtjpeg codec.. try switching to mpeg4.. You
certainly have a system that can handle it..

On my 1200 running many other server applications (our linux is our main
system), I was able to get 480x480 running smoothly.. You may be able to
get it up to 640x480, but I don't know.. It all depends on what else your
system is doing..

Well, good luck, and let us know how it goes..

tarek : )