[mythtv] mythtv never comes up

Jeremy Oddo mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 01:12:36 -0800 (PST)

So, I'm getting much closer ;)

When I type 'mythfrontend', the main GUI comes up and it looks good.  I
can run thru all the menu items except 'setup'.  When I click on that,
nothing happens.  If I switch back to the shell I see this:
Probed: /dev/video0 - Television
Probed: /dev/video0 - Composite1
Probed: /dev/video0 - S-Video
Probed: /dev/video0 - Composite3

Which seems good.  Then if I click on 'Watch TV', nothing comes up.  If I
switch back to the shell I see:
Probed: /dev/video0 - Television
Probed: /dev/video0 - Composite1
Probed: /dev/video0 - S-Video
Probed: /dev/video0 - Composite3
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV

Nothing happens after the "Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV" line
comes up.  Now, if I kill mythfrontend and run 'mythtv' from the command
prompt I see this again:
Probed: /dev/video0 - Television
Probed: /dev/video0 - Composite1
Probed: /dev/video0 - S-Video
Probed: /dev/video0 - Composite3
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV

but nothing happens after the "Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV" line
again.  I hear Isaac talk about a "backtrace" (???) for debugging.  How do
I go about doing that?

Jeremy