[mythtv] Upcoming 0.7 release

Shawn Rutledge mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 15:00:24 -0700

On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 04:34:14PM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> So, I'm going to put out 0.7 in the next couple of days, maybe tomorrow
> (Saturday) night.  I just want to write up some docs for the game and gallery
> modules, and maybe fix MythWeb to handle the channel-limited anytime
> recordings.
>
> Once the 0.7 release is done, I'm planning on working on splitting the
> recording and playback up a little, so I can run an extremely quiet
> playback-only box out in the living room instead of the noisy beast that is
> my Athlon 1800+.

That sounds like a good idea.

After I get a better drive (my dual-Celeron box is back up BTW - guess it
just needed to cool off, and last night I overclocked it a bit less and
installed lm-sensors) I want to work on a web-based remote control.  I
think I'd prefer to use a 3Com Audrey or (someday) a wireless webpad
rather than an IR remote, although I may want to try the IR stuff too.
I did some PHP stuff to control Xawtv a few months ago and it should be
quick and easy to adapt that.  Any suggestions where to start,
remote-controlling Myth from an external process?

--
  _______                   Shawn T. Rutledge / KB7PWD  ecloud@bigfoot.com
 (_  | |_)                       http://ecloud.org  kb7pwd@kb7pwd.ampr.org