[mythtv] New user experiences and questions

Matt Zimmerman mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 12:23:12 -0500

On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 06:50:12PM -0500, Andrew Dodd wrote:

> Interesting question - I know MythTV can use remote DB connections - Is
> there any reliable way to configure MySQL to put certain tables on a
> particular part of the filesystem?  i.e. put anything MythTV related on
> the Firewire HD, and have my laptop seamlessly read the DB when I plug the
> HD into my laptop?

Do you really need the database if you're just going to be watching shows?
You don't need all that programming info, capture card configuration,
scheduled recordings, etc.  Better might be to "export" the shows from
mythtv (renaming the files to something you can easily interpret) and
playing them with a standalone player (maybe the mythtv-based player already
discussed).  This does not seem hard at all.

--
 - mdz