[mythtv] New user experiences and questions

Shawn Pearce mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 19:53:32 -0500

Isaac Richards <ijr@po.cwru.edu> wrote:
> On Thursday 07 November 2002 06:12 pm, Shawn Pearce wrote:
> > ReplayTV will put the program into the menu as soon as it starts
> > to record.  This allows the user to watch it while the recording is
> > already in progresss.  And is very sweet, IMHO.
>
> Err, mythtv lets you watch it while its recording -- just try to watch TV and
> it prompts you that it's recording and asks if you want to stop recording and
> watch tv, or watch the in-progress recording.

Uh, what if I come back 30 minutes into a program and want to watch it
from the start while its still playing?  That's what I'm talking about
here.  Its not any different than "pausing" live TV in reality...

> > Partial recordings suck, but they are eating disk space with no
> > way for the user to easily delete them from the GUI then.
> >
> > I'd say insert them in the database on recording start, and then
> > if it becomes partial, let the user know its partial in the GUI and
> > let them delete it normally.
>
> Sure, if that's what you all want, submit a patch to modify things so it does
> that.

Gah.  Haven't even run mythtv yet and your already asking me for
a patch!  :-)

Anyone else have time to do this while I still get my mythv installed?
If not, I'll take care of it soon.

--
Shawn.