[mythtv] Feature Idea: Closed caption extraction and text search, skip to quote

Erik Arendse mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 06 Nov 2002 09:08:03 +0100

 > Extract the closed caption text from each program and store it along
 > with appropriate index information in a text file.

Wouldn't it be easier to add it to the framedata in the ringbuffer and
saved files? That way it is linked to a frame and stays in place when
editing, copying, archiving etc. If you need searching speed you can always
create a temporary cache the way you described.

It is high on my wishlist, although for the European standard (Teletext,
used for a lot of things but also for CC). If the interface to the
videocard is more or less compatible it should be possible to keep the
difference nearly invisible to mythTV.

As soon as I have Teletext-CC working on my TV card running together with
MythTV I'll start working on it if nobody else is.

Erik