[mythtv] Various Problems using MythTV

John mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 15:39:28 -0500 (EST)

Originally I installed everything from the stable distribution (Xfree,
Kernel 2.2.*).  When I ran into bttv problem, I upgraded the kernel and
bttv started working.  XFree was upgraded last night in a last ditch
effort to see if that was the problem.  I was incorrect on my CVS version.
 It was more recent (around the first of November).  I am trying again
today with the most recent CVS and the 0.6 release.

I agree Myth should not be able to lock the machine, but I just can't seem
to find out what is.  I moved the drive to another computer with different
componets, reconfigured the kernel, xfree, bttv and alsa and got the same
results.