[mythtv] RE: Serial Port Control of Cable Box

Charles Choukalos mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 07:01:53 -0800 (PST)

Sorry I don't rember who asked about the cable box hex
codes... but I have had some chats with Time Warner
Cable down in Austin, TX quite a bit.  I have had
great luck calling their business tech support line.
They have very knowledgable people on the line.  Kiss
up to them a bit and see if they'll point you in the
right direction.  At the very list you'll get more key
words out of them for your google search.
Additionally, if you know who made the board/Cable box
you could try calling their tech support line and
asking for schematics.  If its a motorolla/scientific
atlanta cable box please email me back with the part
#, ssn, and (if you can chip set)... I do know some
people who worked about 2 years ago on those set top
boxes and I might be able to get some programming
notes

-Chuck