[mythtv] lirc, Motorola DCT2000 and the Actisys IR blaster

Matt Zimmerman mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 13:24:34 -0500

On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 11:12:28AM -0600, Carlos Talbot wrote:

> The gi-motorola-dct2000 is defined in my /etc/lircd.conf file which
> was extracted from http://www.lirc.org/remotes.tar.bz2.
>
> If someone has a better way of scripting this please feel free to
> contribute any changes. I had to create the initial shell script because a
> fork is required. You'll noticed during the ir tranmissions I had to delay
> each digit by one second. This is long enough to cause a/v synch issues
> with Mythtv. It's better that the script returns right away while the ir
> is sent in the background.

Excellent, I have the same unit and am glad to hear that lirc works well
with it.  If I can't make it work with IrDA, I will look into the Actisys
unit that you mentioned; thanks for bringing that to my attention.

--
 - mdz