[mythtv] Thoughts on encoder farms / distributed capturing and viewing

Harondel J. Sibble mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 20:50:45 -0800

On 30 Oct 2002 at 19:28, Robert Kulagowski wrote:

> Harondel, want to put together a combined Readme for Mandrake
> 8.x/9.0?

Heh, sure, however that'd mean I'd have to install MDK 9.0 just to make sure,
I understand all the instructions and that they worked for me.  That won't
happen anytime soon (prolly several weeks) as I don't have a machine that's
not dedicated to some task that I can currently spare.

Mind you, I do have a Duron 750 cpu lying around from my upgrade of my MythTV
box and 512mb PC133 is wholesale cdn$80 and I can get one of the ECS KT333
boards for about cdn$90.....

Hmmm.....

Oh great, just what I need, _another_ computer ;-)

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting