[mythtv] Question on compile!!!

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 01:55:16 -0400

On Sunday 21 July 2002 03:23 pm, Andrew Deponte wrote:
> K, I got it all compiled with 0 errors. The problem now is that when I
> run mythtv it says
>
> [adeponte@redtux adeponte]$ mythtv
> mythtv: error while loading shared libraries: libmp3lame.so.0: cannot
>
> If I make a symlink to /usr/local/lib/libmp3lame.so.0 in my home
> directory then when I run mythtv it finds it libmp3lame.so.0 but then I
> get the following. It also does the following if I just add
> /usr/local/lib to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable. It looks
> like I have got it to find the library using LD_LIBRARY_PATH

The "proper" fix is to add /usr/local/lib to your /etc/ld.so.conf and rerun
ldconfig.

> but the
> problem seems to be the permissions for the database in MySQL. Can
> someone tell me the proper permissions that are required by the software
> and the fact that the QMYSQL3 driver is not loaded and please help me
> with why its not loaded or where it is. I am some what familiar with
> MySQL in Perl but not in QMYSQL3. Please Help!

You don't have the qt mysql plugin installed, it's not a permissions problem.
Install it, and it should work.  Your distribution probably has it in a
separate package.

> [adeponte@redtux adeponte]$ mythtv
> QSqlDatabase warning: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
> QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
> Couldn't open database
> Probed: Television
> Probed: Composite1
> Probed: S-Video
> QSqlQuery::exec: database not open
> Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
> Cannot open output.nuv for writing

You'll also need to edit the settings.txt file like the README says, as it
can't write to the file that's specified by the BufferName setting.

Isaac