[mythtv] External Change Channel....

Peter Mastren mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 11:16:41 -0600

This is not unusual.

My situation is a little more esoteric but I would like to find a
way to support it.  I have a cable tv front end system that places
video sources (Dish Network satellite rcvrs) on unused UHF channels.
Reciever 1 is on channel 33 and receiver 2 is on channel 37.

To watch a satellite channel, I need to tune the tuner card to the
appropriate channel (33 or 37) and externally tune the receiver to
the correct channel.

Perhaps I could use the changechannel program to tune the receiver
and return the tuner card channel as its return value.

I also have the issue of including multiple program sources, i.e.
Local Channels and Dish Network, in the channel listings for one
input, namely Television.