[mythtv] Multiple IR devices with LIRC?

Bryce C mythtv-dev@snowman.net
29 Dec 2002 20:46:58 -0700

--=-wZeIl2UOGXc/dqhY5YTC

You know, that gives me an idea.  Ignore the software and and just move
the transmit LED.  That is, unsolder the current on and in place, solder
to long wire leads and run them outside the box where you can then
solder the led to the wires and mount it, using electrical tape, in the
desired direction.  Not pretty, certainly not how I described it but
simply put, you're moving the transmission LED.
Good luck.

On Sun, 2002-12-29 at 20:13, Harondel J. Sibble wrote:
> On 29 Dec 2002 at 16:34, Chris Hessing wrote:
>=20
> > I want one to recieve IR commands, and the other to transmit them.  The=
re was
> > a message posted on this board a while back that said this is possible,=
 but it
> > stopped just short of explaining how to do it.
> Sorry, but the bad news is that it is NOT possible with 2 separate device=
s. =20
> If the receiver and transmitter are hanging off the same serial port, you=
 are=20
> okay.  On different ports no joy unless you are willing to rewrite some o=
f=20
> the lirc code.  A response to my posting on the lirc list....
>=20
> *****************************
> lircd is only written to handle a single hardware remote control device.
> You might work around this by reloading lircd temporarily on transmit.
> Or, solder on a resistor and IR LED to the Packard Bell to add transmit
> capability.  This would probably require cutting off any molded DB9
> connector, adding a new DB9 connector with the extra circuit.
>=20
> The drivers may also be written to assume only a single one
> is loaded.
>=20
> On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 10:30:13PM -0800, Harondel J. Sibble wrote:
> > This actually brings up a related question, the actisys IR200L is on co=
mm1=20
> > and the Packard Bell remote is on comm2, is this going to be an issue? =
From=20
> > previous reading of list archives it seems having the 2 units running=20
> > concurrently won't be an issue, however I remember seeing some comments=
=20
> > pointing out that it wouldn't work, or would be a hassle to get working=
.
> >=20
> > TIA
> With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility=20
> Learn to use your power at OSDN's High Performance Computing Channel
> http://hpc.devchannel.org/
>=20
> *****************************
>=20
> >=20
> > The two IR devices I have are an Actisys 200L, and an IRA (IRMan compat=
.). I
> > have the IRA working with a remote to control the myth box, with no pro=
blems.=20
> Similar to my setup....
>=20
> > Is there any way to do this?  I would like to have the Actisys pointed =
right
> > at the device it will control, which is why I don't want to use just on=
e for
> > both transmit and recieve....
> Sadly no such luck.
--=20