[mythtv] Opinions on mini-itx

Larry Matter mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 17:46:30 -0800 (PST)

Not sure about the 800, but I just got a Via EPIA M 9000 for xmas and I
will be putting it together soon as a MythTV frontend (and a DVD player).
I'll let you know how it goes.

BTW, I've been meaning to ask this.  The EPIA M 9000 has an mpeg2 decoder
that is appearently supported by the Via linux display driver.  This
should help performance when playing dvds, but will it help with mythtv?
I actually think the M9000 has enough CPU to handle mythfrontend without
it, but I was curious.

Larry Matter