[mythtv] Is there a way to string together different hard drives for storage in MyThTV?

Joachim Breitner mythtv-dev@snowman.net
29 Dec 2002 20:33:57 +0100

--=-dOsy5DdUa1RUxOIIlbF3

Hi,

You might also consider LVM (Logical Volume Manager). You add all your
Partitions/Harddrives/whatever (Physical Volumes) to a "pool" (the
Volume Group) and then create partitions (Logical Volumes) without
caring for where the bytes land. It is safe, it is stable, it is well
documented (google for LVM HOWOTO) and not slow, although you probably
won't need the advanced features for this problem

Joachim

> > Other than a raid solution, I wonder if it is possible to span recordin=
> > accross various hard disks in Myth 0.7? Has anybody gotten a raid
> > solution working?  Thanks

--=20
Joachim Breitner=20
  e-Mail: mail@joachim-breitner.de | Homepage: http://www.joachim-breitner.=
de
  JID: joachimbreitner@amessage.de | GPG-Keyid: 4743206C | ICQ#: 74513189
  Geekcode: GCS/IT/S d-- s++:- a--- C++ UL+++ P+++ !E W+++ N-- !W O? M?>+ V=
?
            PS++ PE PGP++ t? 5? X- R+ tv- b++ DI+ D+ G e+>* h! z?
Terrorists can take my live.
Only the government can take my freedom.

--=-dOsy5DdUa1RUxOIIlbF3

--=-dOsy5DdUa1RUxOIIlbF3--