[mythtv] minimum system requirements

Pat Pflaum mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 23:28:58 -0600

--------------000607020700070400070301

Personally I would get a new tv-out card for the old box, as rule one
says don't change anything that's working :-)

or, if it ain't broke, don't fix it :-)

Pat

Rick Warner wrote:

>On Saturday 28 December 2002 12:07 am, Pat Pflaum wrote:
>Thanks for the help.. and cvs doesn't scare me a bit.... I'm running a cvs
>mplayer and ffmpeg already anyway.
>
>So I should move the Geforce3 to my old box (The old box does not have tv out
>now).  Or, could I use a hollywood+ dxr card for the output on the old box?
>

>>Slap a couple tuner cards in that big boy and go like this:
>>
>>Big box -> recording master
>>Little box -> playback box
>>
>>Course, you'll have to dive head first into CVS, but what the heck :-)
>>
>>Pat
>>
>>Rick Warner wrote:
>>

>>>Hello all.
>>>I'm trying to figure out whether or not I can set up my old box for mythtv
>>>
>>>it is a celeron 300 overclocked stably at 374.  It only has 64 megs of
>>>ram, but thta can easily be boosted up
>>>
>>>Otherwise, I will be running it on my dual proc athlon 1600mp w/ 768M ram
>>>(quite the jump up in systems, eh?)
>>>
>>>Ideas?  I am open to an over the network solution as well using both
>>>machines...  I am just trying to avoid using the new machine since my vga
>>>out turns off when my tvout is activated (nvidia geforce3)

--------------000607020700070400070301

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Personally I would get a new tv-out card for the old box, as rule one says
don't change anything that's working :-)<br>
or, if it ain't broke, don't fix it :-)<br>
Pat<br>
Rick Warner wrote:<br>
 cite="mid200212281330.49869.rick@sapphire.no-ip.com">
Thanks for the help.. and cvs doesn't scare me a bit.... I'm running a cvs
mplayer and ffmpeg already anyway.

So I should move the Geforce3 to my old box (The old box does not have tv out
now).  Or, could I use a hollywood+ dxr card for the output on the old box?

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Slap a couple tuner cards in that big boy and go like this:

Big box -&gt; recording master
Little box -&gt; playback box

Course, you'll have to dive head first into CVS, but what the heck :-)

Pat

Rick Warner wrote:
    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">Hello all.