[mythtv] Having much difficulty installing on Redhat 8 please help

Chris mythtv-dev@snowman.net
28 Dec 2002 19:00:13 -0500

Tried to follow the posted instructions.  First trouble was with expat.
I couldnt install xml twig until I forced the installation of the latest
expat rpm. I dont know why the installation using the tar file did not
work. Next problem is with install LWP.  I get a bunch of tests and
fails at the point where it states

local/httpsub.......Can't locate Data/Dump.pm in @NIC (@NIC complains:
../blib/lib ..blib/arch /usr/lib/perl5/.8.0  etc etc etc.

Anybody have any ideas?
I previously had a working setup in Linux Mandrake 9 but on my new PC,
Linux Mandrake 9 networking doesnt work.  Redhat does so I am trying to
install MythTV in Redhat.  Will try Mandrake 8.2 to see if networking
will work.  Thanks