[mythtv] Possible bug from "setup" using tv_grab_uk

Mr. Adam ALLEN mythtv-dev@snowman.net
28 Dec 2002 14:59:47 +0000

--=-ybl6ZqXhNzQd4mnxrRZU

On Sat, 2002-12-28 at 00:07, Matt Zimmerman wrote:=20
> On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 11:09:41PM +0000, Mr. Adam ALLEN wrote:
>=20
> > There are no records in the settings table, this is probably caused by
> > the fact that the tv_grab_na script finishes in a CTRL+C (it's unable t=
> > connect to the remote site to download any data... which could be cause=
> > by my location). However the videosource table correctly has
> > xmltvgrabber field set to tv_grab_uk, although it is still running
> > tv_grab_na.
>=20
> OK, it was written to the right place; mythfilldatabase must not be loadi=
ng
> it correctly.  I'll take a look at it.

> > I'll play with mythfilldatabase manually to try and get some listings
> > downloaded - see if I can do some testing..
> >=20
> >=20
> > The following appears in the console...=20
> > =20
> >         StringSelectSetting::setValue(): invalid index 3
>=20
> This message is important; this is the heart of the matter.  When do you =
get
> it?  When you select tv_grab_uk from the menu?  There should be 5 options=
 in
> the list, and tv_grab_uk is the 4th (the 3 you see above, when counting f=
rom
> 0).

Sorry, I meant to delete that from the e-mail; this is triggered from
the the previous page when selecting the capture device (I assume this
was because my video device is /dev/video0 and I went ahead with
/dev/video).

There are no other messages sent to the console when giving focus to the
drop down box with the five tv_grab_xx's in, or when going on to the

> Are you sure it's writing the correct thing to the videosource table?
>=20
> > > I had a poke around the source, in MC/libs/libmythtv/videosource.cpp =
> > >=20
> > > It certainly should be; if not, it is simply a bug.
> >=20
> > I may be wrong, but I drew that from conclusion from
> > MC/libs/libmythtv/videosource.cpp (line 81)
> >=20
> > It looks as though the grab_tv_XX command is called from
> > XMLTV_na_config::save and tv_grab_na is hardcoded.=20
>=20
> tv_grab_na is the only grabber that can be configured from the GUI.  That
> function writes out the XMLTV configuration file for tv_grab_na.  That cl=
ass
> is not even used unless the grabber is tv_grab_na.

Ok, that makes sense

> > As far as modifications go, should there be equivalent functions for th=
> > other regions, or should the single function draw the data out of the
> > database.
>=20
> For any other grabbers which have equivalents to --list-providers and
> --list-channels, it is possible to make a GUI configuration.  For anythin=
> else, the user must run tv_grab_XX --configure manually.  Note that the U=
> does not do this for you.

Another case of the CVS version not making the instructions clear ;-)
However if this is the case, then there is still a problem in the GUI -
because it runs the tv_grab_na rather than give instructions to run
tv_grab_xx manually.=20

I'll spend some time looking at running tv_grab_uk manually to see if
this CVS version plays nicely with the rest of mythtv.

--=20
Regards,
Adam Allen.

adam@dynamicinteraction.co.uk