[mythtv] Initial install...

Robert Dege mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 22:49:52 -0500 (EST)

Just for the record, XFree86 4.1 should work fine, but upgrading to 4.2
might provide better performance, and stability.

http://www.xfree86.org/4.1.0/Status.html

> How do I find out what video driver I am currently using?

XFree86 logs.  Check for an XFree86 log file in /var/log, or try
re-directing output to a file when you launch startx.

What video card do you have?  You might want to check google or
freshmeat.net & seach for an opensource project for your video card.  Or
even the manufacturer (heh-heh).

-Rob

.... If They Weren't Happening To Me