[mythtv] Idea?

Henk Poley mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 25 Dec 2002 19:23:55 +0100

> Van: Shawn Pearce <spearce@spearce.org>
>
> How about having the watchdog write a log message, and have Myth present
> the log on launch if the last launch resulted in a crash.  Similiar
> to Windows knowing you did a good shutdown vs. a bad shutdown and
> forcing fdisk to run on startup.  :)  If the last run crashed, Myth
> shows a message.  If it didn't, no message.

LOL, running fdisk? (MS fdisk is a cruel MS-DOS based partition program)

I do know there's hole in IE (at least an older version), where a webpage
could acces your disk. Someone wrote a page that would kill your win.com
(still the program that bootstraps MS Windows), and put a "Please upgrade
your system to Linux" message at boot time. Talking about watchdogs ;-)

Anyways, sounds a bit like a bad idea, but on the other hand... if you run
your system sole as a VCR Deluxe, you'll probably like it.

	Henk Poley <><