[mythtv] all-in wonder s-video output

Dr.Doug L. Hoffman mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 12:38:52 -0600

Could someone give me a pointer to instructions for using the s-video
output from an ATI AIW (radeon) card? I'm only using the AIW as a video
card (I purchased it without knowing that it is not capable of full
mythtv/v4l use, my capture card is an ATI tv-wonder [it works fine]). My
problem is this, on boot I get output on the s-video but when X starts up I
get a very nice pearly gray screen on the tv set. I'm running 800x600 on
the X display, is this a scan rate problem? Can it be fixed by playing with
the XF86Config-4 parameters? I am not running gatos and and the card is reported as:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon QD

Regards,
Doug